Ascension Summer Camp 2019 is seeking enthusiastic Orthodox Christian Volunteers to serve Ascension’s top youth ministry as Leaders and Junior Leaders at Camp Ravencliff. Some of the qualities we are looking for: Lives a Healthy Christian Lifestyle, Regular Church Attendance, Hardworking, Past Leadership Experience, Positive Role Model, Strong Desire to Promote the Child’s Camp Experience, Respects what is good for the Camp Program, Promotes Family Unit of the Camp Staff, Works well with Children, Involvement in other Church Activities, Steward of the Church.
Expectations for Leaders and JLs**
• Be able and committed to work June 8 – June 16, 2019.
• Leaders MUST also be available for pre-camp, June 6th, 7th and 8th.
• Be a positive Orthodox Christian role model for campers and others
• Be willing, open, and able to work as a leader to children and teenagers.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and self-control.
• Ensure the physical, emotional and spiritual health and safety of the campers.
• Execute and support the camp policies and procedures.
• Supervise all assigned aspects of the campers’ day.
• Be willing to take charge and motivate others.
• Be able to take direction and constructive criticism.
** Junior Leaders are required to pay a $100 fee payable to Ascension Summer Camp upon selection)
Saturday, June 8th – Sunday, June 16th
Thursday, June 6th – Saturday, June 8th (Leaders and Adult Staff)
Mandatory Training Dates:
Thursday, May 30th (6:30-9:30 PM) @ Church
Sunday, June 2nd (12:30-3:00 PM) @ Church
Join us May 31st for the Oakland A’s Greek Heritage Night!!
Wednesday, June 5th; LOAD THE BOX TRUCK (5:00PM)
Thursday, June 7th; PRE CAMP BEGINS! Leaders leave church (6AM)
Non-Mandatory, but Fun/Awesome Work Parties at Ravencliff:
4/12-4/14 & 5/3-5/5
If you are interested, please follow the link below and complete the online application no later than April 1, 2019. Be sure to scroll through the application before you start to make sure you have all the necessary information.
To apply click HERE
If you have any questions regarding the application please contact Yanni Limnios 510.861.8861