Ascension Summer Camp 2017 is seeking enthusiastic Orthodox Christian Volunteers to serve Ascension’s top youth ministry as Leaders and Junior Leaders at Camp Ravencliff. Some of the qualities we are looking for: Lives a Healthy Christian Lifestyle, Regular Church Attendance, Hardworking, Past Leadership Experience, Positive Role Model, Strong Desire to Promote the Child’s Camp Experience, Respects what is good for the Camp Program, Promotes Family Unit of the Camp Staff, Works well with Children, Involvement in other Church Activities, Steward of the Church.
Expectations for Leaders and JLs
• Be able and committed to work June 17- June 25, 2017.
• Leaders MUST also be available for pre-camp, June 15th, 16th and 17th.
• Be a positive Orthodox Christian role model for campers and others
• Be willing, open, and able to work as a leader to children and teenagers.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and self-control.
• Ensure the physical, emotional and spiritual health and safety of the campers.
• Execute and support the camp policies and procedures.
• Supervise all assigned aspects of the campers’ day.
• Be willing to take charge and motivate others.
• Be able to take direction and constructive criticism.
Saturday, June 17th – Sunday, June 25th
Thursday, June 15th – Saturday, June 17th (Leaders and Adult Staff)
Mandatory Training Dates:
Friday, June 2nd (7:00-9:30 PM) @ Yanni’s House
Sunday, June 4th (12:30-3:00 PM) @ Church
Sunday, June 11th (12:30-3:00 PM) @ Church
Wednesday, June 14th; Flag Day! and LOAD THE BOX TRUCK (5:00PM)
Thursday, June 15th; National Lobster Day! PRE CAMP BEGINS! Leaders leave church (6AM)
If you are interested, please follow the link below and complete the online application no later than March 31, 2017. Be sure to scroll through the application before you start to make sure you have all the necessary information.
To apply click HERE
If you have any questions regarding the application please contact Yanni Limnios 510.861.8861